To receive the full Wedding Planner, subscribe to our newsletter here.
Incorporating the right amount of bling into a wedding day look can be a daunting task. Too much sparkle and you might wind up looking like a showgirl, not enough and the look might come off as too traditional. Here are several ideas on how to pick a gown with just the right amount of bling.
- All at the waist: Each crystal is located in a cluster around the waistline, usually in a belt. Adding a belt to a drop-waist or mermaid style gown can really spice up an otherwise traditional gown, while still remaining tasteful.
- Gathered at the bottom: Many wedding dresses this season featured a cascade of crystals that were gathered at the hemline of the gown. This look is versatile, elegant, and trendy all in one.
- Along the neckline: This is a tricky look to pull off. If you add a belt, you may find yourself with too much bling. If you are well-endowed, you may find that this shows off your girls a little too much. However, when done right, a cluster of crystals along the neckline can be wonderfully glamorous.
- Play up the accessories: Many brides are overwhelmed by the concept of bling. Adding some sparkly accessories can really take a traditional dress to the next level.
- Blingy detail: This is especially popular on asymmetrical dresses. A little extra glitzy flower or design on one side of the dress is essential to create a really unique wedding day look.