To receive the full Wedding Planner, subscribe to our newsletter here.
- A photographer should be booked as early as eight months to a year in advance
- Shop around, ask for references or ask friends and family who they used
- Ask about package prices and what is exactly included in a package
- Ask about extra costs: meal and transportation expenses, enlargements, extra prints, etc.
- Who will own the negatives? Who is responsible for lost proofs?
- Most importantly, the photographer must be a good listener and communicator
- All of us have seen home videos. Successful videotaping requires practice and skill
- Hiring a professional videographer ensures a high quality and memorable video
- Professionals often use more than one camera, with microphones placed in strategic positions throughout the ceremony and reception venues
- Interviews with parents, family and guests can make your video even more special
- Videographers can also add many special effects and can dub and edit your entire day, personalizing the video to your wants and needs
- Be sure to shop around – Compare quality and price before hiring a videographer