24 Apr Relationships in a Fast-Paced World
We are now living in a society where everything is fast paced and a lot of distractions are present every day. We have friends who are frequently requesting us to add them to our social media accounts, we download apps on our mobile so we can connect with them faster and have more fun. In fact, some of you who are reading this even met online through dating websites.
In one of my passions, I get to meet a lot of people from all walks of life from across the planet each year as I travel globally. I am a big believer that success leave clues. So in putting this article together, I reached out to some close people in my my personal Rolodex who have been married for more than forty years and have also grown up in a different generation and have a lot more life experiences.
What I discovered during my interview with them was that their was a common theme between the three different couples: They all agreed that the secret to a long term and committed marriage were as follows:
- Keep excitement alive in the relationship. Do things that you haven’t done before. Think outside the box and think of ways to stimulate curiosity and excitement.
- Never raise your voice at your partner no matter how difficult or challenging some situations are. There may be some disagreements but that is just the way relationships are. You just need to agree to disagree.
- Never go to bed mad at each other. I read in the good book that we should not let the sun go down on our anger. This simply means that the day should not end without both of you fixing relationship issues or concerns. Going to bed needs to always be a loving experience and not a depressing act.
- Become resourceful and find creative ways to take the stress out of your partner’s day to day life. By doing this, you are freeing the relationship from unnecessary burdens. There will always be challenges that will arise from your personal or professional aspect of life, and that will surely show and your partner will see it. It is important that you deeply care and show that you got there back no matter what.
- Schedule technology breaks when in the house or when you are together there should be no technology that can distract or interfere your quality time. Remember, love is spelled as TIME and quality time does not always mean quantity of time but the quality of attention you give to your partner.
- Go outside the house and watch movies, shows, concerts, or take a walk in the park or do a hobby together. This is also vitally important. What’s important is that you are able to do something together. It’s not what you are doing but the memories you make as you do these things together. This is what matters most.
- Read the book entitled “The Five Love Languages” By Dr. Gary Chapman. This is a “Must Read” for any relationship. This book will surely give you an idea on how you can show your love to your partner in the language he/she will understand.
We are living in a crazy and fast world. Everyone wants everything fast and it’s so easy to get distracted. This is not how it works with relationship. Relationship is built in time. Relationship is like a time deposit where you invest now and earn later. You have to wait until you reach a point where you enjoy the benefits of it.
Above are a few good suggestions that I have collected and I really hope that it can help you and your relationship.
Darren Jacklin; World-Class Professional Speaker, Corporate Trainer, Angel Investor
For over 20 years, Darren Jacklin has travelled four continents and personally trained over one million people in over 45 countries.
He has mentored entrepreneurs and business owners on specific and measurable strategies. These strategies have then been implemented into businesses to increase income, transform obstacles into cash flow and turn passion into profits.
Darren has an uncanny ability to increase wealth and success by uncovering hidden assets, overlooked opportunities and undervalued possibilities.
His talent has captured the attention of Tiger 21, The Wall Street Journal, Yahoo Finance, NBC TV, CBS TV, Global TV, international radio stations, magazines and newspapers, movie producers, best-selling authors, CEO’s and business experts worldwide.
Darren is also featured as an international celebrity in the 2015 movie The Treasure Map.
Darren Jacklin currently sits on paid International Boards of public and private companies. He has also personally trained over one hundred and fifty Fortune 500 companies such as, Microsoft, AT&T, Black & Decker, Barclay’s Bank, as well as high school, college, and university students and lastly, professional athletes.
His experience has connected him with people in more than 128 countries. Darren Jacklin is also the Chief Executive Officer of AFS Superfoods Ltd.