06 Oct Dream Big – Planning For Your Future
Now that you have committed to creating a life together, it is important to start planning for your future. What I encourage you to do, is take some time and sit down together and go through a discovery process. Really sit with this and have fun! I call this Dream Building.
- Where would you really like your life to be over the next decade?
- How many children would you like to have?
- Will you be working from home or out of an office?
- How much money do you need to be earning monthly/annually each as a combined house hold income?
- How many revenue streams of income do you need coming into your family each month, to live the lifestyle you desire on your own terms?
- How many vacations per year would you enjoy having?
- Will you own your own home or rent it?
- How many homes would you like to acquire over the next decade?
- Will you have your primary home and a summer cottage or cabin in the woods?
- Will you get mentored over the next decade on how to buy real estate investment properties?
- Where would you love to live?
Take the time to write out, in specific detail, what you truly want in your life. When I first started practicing this exercise, I found that I had no dreams to write down. My mind would go blank, just thinking about it and I would begin to feel anxious. At the time, it was a challenge remaining present and giving myself permission to Dream Big. I had no idea how to get there and where to begin.
After doing this for many years and applying specific daily routines consistently, I began to notice things starting to come together and one by one, my dreams started to manifest themselves into reality.
One of the routines I love to do even today, is to drive around neighborhoods visiting open houses. Go inside and look around these magnificent homes, even if they are way out of your price range. This one specific routine, done at least once a month, will help to expand your mindset to what is possible and will teach you to think in abundance and prosperity rather than lack and scarcity.
Today, I am glad to say, I am living an extraordinary life. I only wish the same for you. Go ahead, give it a try, what have you got to lose?
Remember, you only have one life to live and there is no dress rehearsal. If I can be of service to you, then please reach out to me. You will be glad you did.
By Darren Jacklin World-Class Professional Speaker, Corporate Trainer, Investor