Looking for ideas on what to choose when it comes to your wedding favours? This guide is a helpful resource for couples who want to make their guests feel really special.
Find out the best wedding favour ideas to make your own unique table favours and browse our curated list of some popular items that can be included in the favour bags so you can make an inspired choice.
The experts at Arches Beach Weddings have also included some helpful tips on how to go about choosing the wedding favours that will best suit your theme and guest needs.
What are wedding favours and who are they for?
Wedding favours are small gift items or presents that the bride and groom give to their guests at the wedding ceremony or reception party. Wedding guests receive these little gifts for attending your celebration. They are souvenirs that invitees can take them home to remember your special day. Wedding favours are for all your guests, whether they are couples or singles, children or adults, so that everybody gets them as a “thank you” for their participation on your big day.
What do wedding favours contain?
Wedding gifts typically include a thank you card, gift certificates, sweets or flowers, and other small treats that guests can take home with them, but you can go as creative as you wish with your gifts – they can be anything from little pouches of candy, to cards with the couple’s picture on them, to little jars of jelly beans. Many people are opting for personalised wedding favours that their guests will love as it is a great way to highlight your appreciation.
The key questions to ask when deciding on your wedding favours:
Here are a few questions that would make the whole process easier for you in helping you make up your mind about what wedding favours you should give to your wedding guests:
- Think about the theme of your wedding – does it have a specific colour scheme, or are you looking for something more personal for each of the guests?
- When choosing what type of favour to give out, do you want it to be edible or decorative?
- Do you want to give out something for the kids, or just adults only?
- When is your wedding date – would you like to give a seasonal wedding favour? If it is a summer wedding maybe you would like to give them a lovely keepsake that they will use throughout the summer, like a hat or sunglasses.
- What is your budget for wedding favours – do you want to spend a lot of money or would something cheaper suit your budget better?
- How many guests will be attending your wedding venue? Could you scale gifts by getting something that would fit any gender and age, or you would like to personalise each favour?
- Is your wedding a destination or local affair – this will affect what type of favour you want to give out? For instance if it is a beach wedding, maybe you’d like to give your guests sunscreen protection, or flip-flops?
Wedding Favour Ideas
Cheap Wedding Favours
Some people have a lot of money to spend on wedding favours, while others are more cost conscious. If you’re in the latter group and looking for cheap ways to add some fun into your wedding, why not try these?
- Handpicked flowers bouquet with a printed selfie and a “Thank you” hand written message
- Mints with a personalised label, such as “Your Mates” or “You’re our favourite guest”
- Heart shaped chocolates with a personalised label, such as “Love” or “Bride’s Besties”
- Popcorn tins with your favourite lyrics to symbolise your union that they can take home an use it as decoration
Quirky Wedding Favours
Some popular wedding favours that are fun, inexpensive, and would definitely make your guests smile. Quirky wedding table gifts are perfect for a friends or family member’s wedding. If you’re looking for something unique and memorable as a favour, why not try these?
- Playing cards
- Glass charms
- Fridge magnets
- Bottle opener
- Scratch cards
- Shot glasses
DIY Wedding Favours
Often times it is not about how much you invest in a wedding favour for it to be appreciated, but the effort you put into making each wedding participant feel special. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make your guests happy with these DIY wedding favours, you just need a good idea and the love for arts and crafts. Here are some DIY wedding gifts are not only practical for everyday use, but fun to make, too:
- Customised tote bags filled with goodies
- Hand-painted personalised coffee cups or mugs
- Handmade soaps in various scents
- A framed photo collage
- Small paintings
- Mini plants
- Bath salt jars
- Homemade jam
- Homemade pickles
- Personalised fortune cookies
Edible Wedding Favours
It is traditional for people to bring a gift to the wedding reception. This usually means something edible such as cake, candy or cookies. If you would like guests to take home their own treat, though, there are plenty of other options.
- Peanut butter
- A box of sweets
Seasonal Wedding Favours
Seasonal wedding favours can be the perfect reminder of your wedding atmosphere, whether it be an outdoor wedding in the summer, or a cozy winter ceremony. The number one tip is to be creative with your favours, or you can purchase them from a store. A few ideas are:
- Mince pies with ribbon bows for a winter wedding
- Champagne glasses for an outdoorsy summer fair
- Rosemary for a winter wedding
- Lavender and thyme diffusers for an outdoor summer ceremony
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Christmas sweets for a Christmas wedding
- Heart-shaped sunglasses for a beach wedding
Beach Wedding Favours
There are lots of favours you can give out at a beach themed wedding, but there are some that stand out more than others. Anything related to waves, the sun, sand, and wind will serve just right.
- Sunblock with the bride and groom’s logo on it
- A personalised inflatable beach ball
- Sherbet and popsicles
- A seashell on a bracelet or necklace
- Beach themed keychain
- Beach themed coasters
Wedding Favours for Women
Women like to receive gifts such as perfume, jewellery, scarves, flowers, purses, and home decoration items. You can also make the gifts to match the theme of your wedding. Here are a few ideas for personalised wedding favours your feminine guests will appreciate:
- Make-up kit with their name on it
- Personalised bracelet charms
- Monogrammed handkerchiefs
- Engraved candle holder
- Personalised photo frame or even a canvas
- Flowers bouquet that matches your wedding theme
Wedding Favours for Men
Men like gifts, but it is the thought that counts, especially if it is personalised with their name on it.
- Cufflinks, ties that are made with their initials
- Engraved wrist or pocket watches
- Their favourite cocktail mix
- Personalised cards holder
- Personalised mug
- Handy man tools box
- Engraved whiskey glass
- Personalised pen
Children’s Wedding Favours
For children it is easier to make gifts because they get excited about the simplest things like a jar of marbles, picture frame or their favourite toy. Here are a few ideas:
- Personalised tiara for girls and a personalised cape for boys
- Small toys or figurines that they like
- Box of sweets or their favourite chocolate
- Blowing bubbles with their name on it
- Drawing sets
- Finger puppets
- Personalised yoyo
- Slime set
This piece was brought to you by https://www.archesbeachweddings.com/