Say it with flowers. Your wedding flowers play a major role in your wedding theme. You want your floral accents to complement the entire theme and feel of your wedding day.
- To make sure that your flowers say exactly what you want them to say, you must first successfully communicate with the
- Visit shops, talk to the florists, and choose the florist you are most comfortable
- Be prepared for your first Before you meet with your florist you need to know how much you are willing to spend.
Bring along a swatch of your bridesmaid’s dresses to match colours. Flowers are an important focal point of your total wedding picture. Visual impact is important so consider the colour, the size, and style of the message you are communicating with your flowers.
- Bride’s bouquet
- Groom’s boutonnière
- Maid of Honour’s bouquet
- Bridesmaid’s bouquet
- Best Man’s boutonnière
- Groomsmen’s boutonnières
- Mother’s corsages
- Grandmother’s corsages
- Father’s boutonnières
- Grandfather’s boutonnières
- Master of Ceremony’s boutonnières/corsage
- Flowergirl’s basket of flowers/bouquet
- Ringbearer’s boutonnière
- Ceremony Décor – Signing of the registry table
- Ceremony Décor – Unity candle/sand ceremony table
- Ceremony Décor – Other
- Reception Décor – Gift table
- Reception Décor – Guest book table
- Reception Décor – Centerpieces
- Reception Décor – Other
I always tell all my brides, doesn’t matter how rich or poor (you are), if you can create something in good taste. You don’t have to have an abundance of flowers or things to make it fabulous.
-KEVIN LEE, BRIDES OF BEVERLY HILLS
Reception flowers create both a special ambience and bring together the colour scheme at your head table. Centrepieces add charm to each table, but should be kept to a lower height to encourage conversation.
If you do decide to do a tall centrepiece, like calla lilies, put them into a tall vase so the flowers will sit above the heads of your guests at the table. Small, round vases stuffed with blooms and some light greenery make great centrepieces as they add a subtle touch of colour to the table. Small plants in a hand-painted pot are a wonderful way to personalize each table, and do double duty as favours your guests can take home and put into their own flowerbed to remember your special day. Potted trees with twinkling lights add beautiful ambience to the dance floor. You can also try hanging escort cards from a flowering bush.
Flowers are one of the ultimate symbols of love, whether you choose a sweet gerbera daisy for beauty, or romantic red spring tulips. No matter how you look at it, flowers play an intricate role in weddings. They accent the attire of the wedding party and create some amazing photo opportunities. Flowers add that natural finishing touch to your décor.